Gulf Coast Dance Theater Company Auditions
MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR NEXT YEARS AUDITION!
Looking to become a company member?
May Auditions for NEW and RETURNING Dancers:
May 8th, 2021
First Year auditioning, Apprentices and Corps members
Ballet 1 - 2:30 pm
Contemporary 2:30 - 3:30 pm
Demi-soloist and Soloist
Ballet 4 - 5:30 pm
Contemporary 5:30 - 6:30 pm
$20 audition fee
at Gulf Coast Dancenter
Dancers receive a letter in the mail
Dancers will be placed into the company as either an Apprentice, Corps De Ballet, Demi-Soloist, or Soloist. ALL ranks of the company will be included in both theater productions and special events, as long they maintain their eligibility. All dancers will be asked to sign a contract outlining the expectations of Gulf Coast Dance Theater.
- During the school year dancers must maintain a minimum of two ballet classes AND a jazz or contemporary class per week. Classes can be taken at any school dance program or local dance studio.
- Over the summer dancers must complete at least 30 hours of dance total. Classes can be taken at any summer intensive or dance program (local, national, and/or international)
- Dancers must complete at least one group community outreach service project with Gulf Coast Dance Theater during their contract.
- Dancers must be able to rehearse with the company on Saturdays, and cannot miss more than two rehearsals per theater performance. Each theater performance rehearsal schedule runs for 6-8 consecutive weeks depending on the show.
- Parents/Guardians must complete 18 volunteer hours during the season.
- Company members must sell at least 8 tickets per theater production.
After signing the contract, dancers return it, with the membership fee to guarantee their spot in the company. The membership fee can be broken up into two payments, if needed. Dancers are then cast in the Winter Gala/Cinderella and Alice in Wonderland, and have the option to perform in the Student Choreography Showcase.
$250 per dancer for the season